6/26/17- St. Martin's Science Content Training @St. Martin's (8:00-2:30)
The Federal Title IIB Math and Science Partnership (MSP) Grant supports projects across the state to provide high-quality, content-based math and science professional learning for teachers in an effort to help increase student achievement in math and science.
Fourteen highly competitive proposals were received, which made the selection process extremely challenging. Each proposal was independently and objectively scored by a team of 19 reviewers from OSPI, based on a scoring rubric. The review process consisted of 2 rounds—the First Review and the Second Review; overall strengths and areas of concern were noted.
Steilacoom, Rochester and Eatonville School Districts (Soaring Toward Educational Rigor, SER2) have been selected as
one of the recipients of the Math and Science Partnership Grant for 2015-2018. SER2 is partnering with Teacher
Development Group (TDG), Pacific Lutheran University (PLU), University of Washington Tacoma (UWT), The Boeing Company, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Association of Washington School Principals (AWSP), and others.
Brief Summary of the Focus and Goals
SER2 Steilacoom, Eatonville, Rochester – Soaring toward Educational Rigor
Content Areas: Math and Science
Partners: Steilacoom, Eatonville, Rochester School Districts, PLU, UWT, TDG and AWSP.
Grade Level: 6-12
- Collaboration for teachers in three districts that are isolated by location and size.
- Professional learning that blends content knowledge and pedagogy provided by TDG, UWT, and PLU; with emphasis on inquiry-based learning.
- Tie to Open Educational Resource development for sharing lessons, projects, and professional learning modules.
- Three, 3-day summer institutes hosted by each district
- Quarterly Studio professional learning cycles with TDG and inservice provided by TDG and higher education (PLU and UWT) partners.
- Leadership training for principals to support improved math and science instruction.