Rochester School Board
1. Serves primarily as a legislative body, having final authority in all matters concerning the operation of public schools in the district, subject to compliance with state and federal laws and regulations;
2. Adopts a budget, policies and hires a superintendent responsible for carrying out the business of the school district;
3. Attempts to secure adequate financing for the district's operation, including submission of special levies and bond proposals to the public;
4. Speaks for the people on matters of needs and goals regarding children and their education;
5. Provides a means by which citizens may express opinions and gain information about their schools.